This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- (a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including [your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation;
- (b) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- (c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- (d) any other information that you choose to send to us;
A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing that website. Every time the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember stateful information or to record the user’s browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited by the user as far back as months or years ago).
We [may] use [both] [“session” cookies] [and “persistent” cookies] on the website. [Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.] [Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.]
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit and keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer (version 9) you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block All Cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
(3) Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- (a) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- (b) send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- (c) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- (d) keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- (e) verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website;
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- (d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling;
- (e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(5) International data transfers
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
(6) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password [and other login details] confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
(7) Policy amendments
(8) Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We do not have any responsibility for the privacy policies of third party websites.